Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Blog Update

First off, I'd like to thank all of you who have been reading my blog. Your comments, "+1's", and even page views mean a lot to me.

Up till now, I've been writing on my summer vacation. As I prepare to head back to college at the end of the month, a few things will change (but nothing drastic!). I just want you to be aware of the following things:


  • You may notice an increased percentage of short posts. Especially for my Tuesday posts, you'll probably notice that I'm doing some shorter posts that aren't so time consuming to write. (For example, some of my NaNo posts took two hours or more to write and proofread. I'm not going to have time to do that every week once school starts) 
  • You may notice some more sequel reviews. During the summer months, I've had the luxury of reading three or more books a week. This means that I can read a book to review and a sequel to a book I previously reviewed without any difficulty. As a result, I focused on reviewing the first books in series and just reading the other ones on my own. This will change as the semester picks up. To give you a book review every week while satisfying my need to read sequels, I'll be reviewing sequels more frequently on the blog as Friday posts. To the best of my ability, I will post a review of a fresh book/first book in a series at least every other week
  • It may take me a while to respond to comments. Any college student can tell you that we go a little crazy when there's more than one exam per week. We turn into single-minded, caffeine-inhaling, sleepless, moody excuses for human beings who may or may not remember to eat, breathe, or talk to our fellow human beings. My schoolwork has to come first, but I will still try to reply to any comments within 24 hours (If I expect to be unresponsive for an extended period of time, I will note this at the bottom of the pertinent post). 
  • I will likely take time off from writing during busy periods. As with the comments issue, I'll give you a heads-up regarding any time I'll be taking off from the blog. It's unlikely that any of these periods will be longer than one week and I only anticipate missing 4-8 posts prior to Christmas (Read midterms, finals, and around Thanksgiving). Most, if not all of these periods, will be later in the semester. I'm hoping that I can find someone who can substitute post for me for at least finals week. 


In the meantime, I'll continue to post as normal. I'll also keep you posted (pun intended) on any other changes you can expect.

Thanks for your patience and understanding! You guys are awesome! And don't forget to check back in on Friday for a book review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts below. I reserve the right to remove vulgar, hateful, or rude remarks from the comments. Thanks for sharing!