Tuesday, December 19, 2017

December Blog Update

It's that time again--I don't have a posting idea, so I'm just going to make up some fluff that's hopefully mildly interesting. Enjoy?

What's Been Happening:

In general, a vague disbelief that Christmas is coming in less than a week, which has resulted in a flurry of shopping, gift-wrapping, and chocolate consumption. 

More to the blog's point, I've been reading (duh). If you want to follow what I've been up to on the bookish front, I would highly recommend my Goodreads page. Most recently, I've been re-reading the Legends of Karac Tor series by D. Barkley Briggs, as well as what you've seen me review on the blog. 

Additionally, I've been participating in Hamlette's "Another LotR Read-Along", which is excellent. If you're a book nerd like me and secretly have been missing bookish discussions from your high school English days and you have a desire to read The Lord of the Rings, I would definitely refer you to the event. (I promise I won't tell  your English teacher or any of your classmates). 

Outside of reading, I've discovered I enjoy painting, I've procrastinated on cleaning, and I'm working. (That last one's totally a shocker. I thought you worked for like two days and paid off your college debt? That's not how this works?) I'm keeping up with a volunteer editing project as well. 

Looking Ahead:

For the next two weeks, I'll be posting on Fridays only due to travelling for the holidays. After that, I plan on resuming a normal twice-weekly posting schedule. 

However, I'd love to have some feedback from you folks on what you want to read about for the next few months. Character analyses? More author interviews? More reflections? More writing posts? Different tags? Something new, like a read-along or more discussion-based posts? As much as I'd like to be a mind reader, I'm not. Shoot me an email with the contact form or sound off in the comments--I won't even make you fill out a scary survey, so there's no reason not to respond ;) !

Have a blessed Advent week! 

(And please comment with ideas!)

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your discussion posts, whenever you do them up. Would love to see some of your paintings as well! I hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you all the best for the New Year to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, too! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts below. I reserve the right to remove vulgar, hateful, or rude remarks from the comments. Thanks for sharing!