Tuesday, February 27, 2018

February/March Blog Update

Hey folks!

I know it's been a bit spotty around the blog here for a while. That's what happens when you're working 45 hours a week and trying to keep up with housework, I suppose. I'm also trying to re-evaluate where to go with the blog now that I'm taking a bit of a momentary step back from writing full-length fiction.

The Blog from Here


After some self-reflection, I've decided that I'm going to be stepping back posting from twice a week to once a week for the time being, at least for the next few months. Posting once a week lately has allowed me to enjoy some other hobbies of mine, get caught up on housework, and has generally made blogging more enjoyable and less straining for me. 

I'll still be doing similar posts to what we've been seeing on the blog lately--Reality, Meet Fiction; Reflections, etc. I'll also be posting book reviews on a  more regular basis than I have been lately, though not as frequently as I have previously (it turns out I relied on public transportation and times between classes for reading more than I thought I did). However, how often I do that will depend on a few factors. It could be every other week or once a month. One of those factors will be how you respond to the questions in the next section.

Where I'm Asking for Input

The Book Hound started out as a way for me to build an audience for a dream of one day publishing some of my own works of fiction. That dream's on hold for the moment for a number of factors I don't care to go into right now (notably, I'm tired of editing and I don't have a great, fresh novel idea at the moment, so I need some serious time to recharge my creative juices). 

As such, many of the post series I started out a couple of years ago aren't quite as applicable as they once were--such as detailing my writing process or talking about forms of publication. You'll notice that many of those have been replaced by reflections on real life and the continued emphasis on spreading news about good Christian speculative fiction. 

I still want to keep up the emphasis on Christian spec fic, but I do want your input on what sort of things you would like to see on the blog. Do you like Reflections? What about Hound Dog Harmonies? 

Also, while I'm taking a small break from noveling, would you be interested in something like a short story series? (I make no promises, but I do  have an idea or two for some serial-style fiction.) 

Would you be interested in a read-a-long? (Reading a book together with discussion questions posted). I would even be nice and pick something you have a prayer of finding in stores. This might be something fun to do with a book like The Screwtape Letters. 

I guess what I'm asking is, what sort of things keep you coming to the blog, make you think, make you smile, or give you something to talk about? And, if there's something else you want to see, what would it be?

Sound off in the comments! And thanks for your patience!

2 comments:

  1. While I'm not glad you'll be cutting back (for purely selfish reasons) I AM glad you've recognised that you need to take some time for yourself and focus on other life things. Just remember that you rock. Always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But what if I prefer to paper? Paper beats rock ;)

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts below. I reserve the right to remove vulgar, hateful, or rude remarks from the comments. Thanks for sharing!