Monday, June 11, 2018

The Book Hound is Back!

After a long and (mostly) unintentional hiatus, the Book Hound is back--hopefully without any further significant interruptions for the foreseeable future. However, as I mentioned in my last (woefully inaccurate) update, I'll be dropping to one post a week (usually Fridays) just to make it more manageable on myself. Life's gotten a little bit busy lately, but I still want to continue to spread word of great Christian Speculative Fiction.

That being said, there are things outside the Christian Spec Fic genre that I want to read (or in the genre that I want to re-read). That means that it's going to be difficult for me to post a review of a new book every single week.

Since I'm taking a hiatus for a while from novel writing, that means I need something new to fill in the gaps left between reviews (after all, I can't talk about my half marathon experience every day or my baking adventures every day, or even the craziness that is living on call every time I need to post).

So, for the next few months, I'm going to be hosting a "Summer of C.S. Lewis" read-along. I'm going to be starting with Mere Christianity  and then we'll take it from there. On read-along weeks, I'll post my thoughts on a chapter (or two), then a few discussion questions, favorite quotes from the chapter, etc. We'll see how long it takes to get through Mere Christianity and if we're liking the format, then maybe move onto another Lewis book or something else entirely.

Thanks so much for your patience! If you've emailed me in the last few months, please know that I'll be working to catch up on missed emails over the next couple of weeks.

I'll see you next Friday for the introduction to Mere Christianity!


2 comments:

  1. Woot! I'm glad you're back! (Tbh I didn't notice you were gone because I've been gone myself... So there you go.) I'll have to get ahold of Mere Christianity sometime soon, this sounds like an epic idea. Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really good to be back! (And I didn't know you were gone either fr the same reason). I'm hoping to reply to read-along comments for some time after I post the reading, so even if you don't pick it up right away you won't be left behind.

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts below. I reserve the right to remove vulgar, hateful, or rude remarks from the comments. Thanks for sharing!