Friday, October 12, 2018

NaNo 2018 Intro

I can't believe it's been a year since I've written anything in a WIP. I've...missed it. But I must confess, I fear sitting at my computer November 1st about to engage in the insanity that is NaNoWriMo and finding that my entire ability to write has disappeared.


That being said, I've found that doing things that I fear (because of the possibility of failure) are some of the most rewarding things I've ever done. And also the craziest, but, you know...

Will I write 50k? I don't know. That's a lot. And the years I really set out with 50k in mind tend to be the years I faceplant. Instead, I think I'm going to take my 2016 approach--the last time I won. I'm going to set out to write at least 6 days a week and shoot for a wordcount of 20k. It doesn't have to be a cohesive novel. I'm not going to plan it out. I have a main character, and a concept, and that's about it. We'll see what happens.

How will posting work on the blog? I'm really happy to have posted 3 weeks in a row now. (Wow, my life is getting sad. But we're improving.) I hope to keep it up. I'm thinking I might try some story snippets this year. My story idea is a little disjointed, which might make it good for some snippets.

Anyways, NaNo is about having fun. And if it keeps me busy and gives me a bit to think about other than work, I'll take it.

Even if my novel is essentially about anesthetizing mythical creatures. Because I have no life.

Are you participating in NaNo? What's your story about?

1 comment:

  1. How did NaNo go? I hope you were able to reach your goal. And while I know you miss writing, I hope you just don't feel bad about not writing, because of fear or life. Writing is hard on the best of days and you're definitely not the only person to be held back because of fear of failure. That being said, I can't wait to read your snippets because you really are a great writer, and I wish you all the best with your writing endeavours :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts below. I reserve the right to remove vulgar, hateful, or rude remarks from the comments. Thanks for sharing!