Wednesday, June 22, 2016

We Write Books: June Update



Well, I really meant to update you guys on my progress for the We Write Books challenge before this. I didn't realize it's been well over a month since my last update. 

So, you can probably guess how my writing's been going. (Looks around, searching for where June went.)

Source
However, I must say that the Go Teen Writers 100 for 100 Challenge has been helping me out a lot with my word count, even if I've been writing under five hundred words each day. I've at least been writing something for Crossfire. 

The snowflake method has been helping me a lot with my writing; I know what's supposed to be going on in each scene, as opposed to wondering what's going to happen each time I open my laptop. 

Unfortunately, I think it's contributing to my lack of motivation to work on the story. It doesn't feel very "exciting" to write because I know what's supposed to happen. Granted, my lack of enthusiasm may have something to do with the fact that this is the second time I've done a total overhaul on this book. It's my perennial bear, mostly because it's a story that I really want to get right. 

Due to how far behind I am on writing, I'm going to be re-evaluating my summer goals here shortly. I'm really feeling the itch for a fun story (I've been writing far too many serious works lately) and that would fit in well with the 100 for 100 challenge. We'll see how it goes--as always, I'll keep you guys posted.

How has your writing been going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts below. I reserve the right to remove vulgar, hateful, or rude remarks from the comments. Thanks for sharing!