Tuesday, November 15, 2016

NaNo Survival Guide: Week 3

Just to be the one who falls down on December 1st.

And if you don't know what song this is referencing, here you go.
This is where the rubber meets the road, folks.

If you feel like you're behind, that you can't get enough sleep, that everything you've written is stupid, and that you haven't a clue where your story is going...

You're not alone.

(If you're one of those people who miraculously doesn't feel this way at week three of NaNo, congrats! Just pretend that you aren't so that the rest of us feel better. In return, we won't give you the stink eye. Deal?)

Whatever you do, keep writing.

Take half a day to re-plan if you need to. But keep writing. Stay committed to writing something by the end of the month. Remember, if you don't make it, you at least wrote something. And that's an accomplishment all of its own. You might feel behind right now, but you still have plenty of time to get caught up. I don't know how many times I've thought I was going to lose at this point, but managed to scrape out a win.

So may your coffee cup be full, your days be full of inspiration, and your hands free from carpal tunnel. (And may you get at least a little sleep).

Personal NaNo Update: I'm currently running several thousand words behind schedule after having a few days where I didn't have much time/motivation to write. I'm bound and determined to catch back up, however.

How is NaNo going for everyone out there?

2 comments:

  1. "So may your coffee cup be full, your days be full of inspiration, and your hands free from carpal tunnel. (And may you get at least a little sleep)." I laughed so loud my mom asked me what was wrong, just FYI. (I don't think it was even that funny? Just so relatable that I couldn't help but laugh.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regardless, I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts below. I reserve the right to remove vulgar, hateful, or rude remarks from the comments. Thanks for sharing!