Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Nano Survival Guide: Week 4

This week is what I like to refer to as the Gauntlet.

Here in the U.S., it's Thanksgiving week. That means even less time to write, plus the danger of turkey-induced food comas. (However, there's more likely to be some free coffee hanging around the house).

Write in small chunks. Get up early. Stay up late. Drink coffee. You can pull it off.

Keep writing. You might hate your story at this point, but you can pull off the win if you're crazy enough.

If you've been following me on NaNo, you've probably noticed that I'm a bit behind. (There'll be a post on that later/next month). Take heart if you're behind, if your story is falling apart, and plunge forward. I've pretty much always pulled off my NaNo wins from farther behind than I ought to have. Being behind the week before doesn't mean that you can't do it.

(And if you're wondering why this post is so short, it's because I didn't get that far ahead in pulling posts together before NaNo struck. Procrastinators unite tomorrow?)

Happy Writing and Happy Thanksgiving!

Due to the holiday, there will again be no Friday Fiction Fix this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts below. I reserve the right to remove vulgar, hateful, or rude remarks from the comments. Thanks for sharing!